Saturday, January 9, 2010

52 week project: Week One~Around My House

52 week 1

Sometimes I get so caught up in my new photography business I forget to take time for myself. Stopping to take images for fun, without any stipulations, and only myself to "impress" is very therapeutic and relaxing.
Many photographers challenge themselves with different yearly photography goals such as the 365 project, where you must take a self portrait every day and post it. Others do a more scaled down 52 week project where you must take an image a week.
Many of these projects have themes and growth that you must strive towards.
Knowing myself and the time I have, I did not think I could achieve a 365 project.
I read on another photographer's blog that he is doing a 52 week project where he has chosen to take one day a week to do a photography "walk".
This idea really sparked my interest. I decided it was something that was "doable" for me. So once a week for the next 52 weeks I will show you some of my own personal work from my photography walks.
This first week my son and I walked around my yard at my home. There are so many interesting things "right under your nose". You just need to stop to look.
Let me know what you think of the results of my walk.

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

Photobucket

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

52 week 1

Photobucket

4 comments:

Corie's Creations January 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Absolutely fantastic Melinda! My daughter and I went for a walk this morning. We passed by this bushed area. I said, look at that... maybe we should come back with the camera and take a picture of that. Rain drops on limbs and berries. We have so much nature/beauty around us. Fantastic!

Brandi Smith January 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

I am LOVING the 52 week project already! You are very talented and I can't wait to see what's next! =]

Diana January 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

WOW, Melinda. These are just FANTASTIC images. Met you on Clickinmom's. Good luck with your project. I too, am doing Project 365 over at my blog!

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

very cool. The pictures are amazing tons of texture and all in you own yard.

Testimonials

Thank you very much for fitting me into your busy schedule. I really appreciated it...and the pictures were amazing. Daniel, Me, and Little Daniel are definitely coming to see you for our family picture. Thanks! Rachel Merriweather, NC

I loved my experience with Melinda; I brought my daughter and son to her and
plan to bring the entire family to her next month. She was cheerful and had
some really great ideas but also let you be creative and use your ideas as
well. My daughter absolutely loves her pictures and we have gotten many
compliments on how beautiful they are. In that we have also given many
referrals to people who would love to have the same experience we had. I
highly recommend Melinda for any of your portrait needs!!
Tonya Nelson, McCleary

About This Blog


tuttle14@comcast.net
Phone: 360-480-7248

Fax: 360-482-2214

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP