Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lifestyle Newborn Session, McCleary Washington

Photobucket A few weeks ago I offered to do a free Lifestyle Newborn Session for a local family. The only criteria for the persons who entered is they would love to welcome me into their home to shoot in a natural, way with very little posing, lighting, or extras. I wanted this to be pretty raw. This sweet family heard about my contest and emailed me in their excitement and showed me pictures of the nursery. I was thrilled with how much this little family seemed to really want me to come into their lives and capture moments of their one month old baby daughter. They are new to the area and did not know about me previously. They found out through a friend. When I arrived they graciously welcomed me into their home, asked if I wanted coffee and I felt comfortable right away. We warmed up with some family photos in the living room near the windows, then moved to the nursery, their bedroom near the window and then back to the nursery. I wanted to really capture the love between the family members and the interaction with them without me telling them what to do. I wanted the experience to be pleasurable for the baby as well. She did not have to leave mommy or daddy's arms if she didn't want to and they were there to cuddle at any moment. I wanted to do this for someone because I know how time goes very quickly and babies soon grow up into toddlers, grade-schoolers, tweens and teens, and finally adults before you know it. I do enjoy the typical newborn session with the posing and great lighting. But I think there is something to be said about the natural interaction between mom, dad and baby that I love to capture. I really wish I would have had this with my two children. I was behind the camera in almost every picture. I cannot go back and get into these photographs. I make it my mission now to hand the camera over once in awhile. I hope everyone else does this too! Anyway, enjoy the images and congratulations to this wonderful family! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

0 comments:

Testimonials

Thank you very much for fitting me into your busy schedule. I really appreciated it...and the pictures were amazing. Daniel, Me, and Little Daniel are definitely coming to see you for our family picture. Thanks! Rachel Merriweather, NC

I loved my experience with Melinda; I brought my daughter and son to her and
plan to bring the entire family to her next month. She was cheerful and had
some really great ideas but also let you be creative and use your ideas as
well. My daughter absolutely loves her pictures and we have gotten many
compliments on how beautiful they are. In that we have also given many
referrals to people who would love to have the same experience we had. I
highly recommend Melinda for any of your portrait needs!!
Tonya Nelson, McCleary

About This Blog


tuttle14@comcast.net
Phone: 360-480-7248

Fax: 360-482-2214

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP